The City of Cushing, Oklahoma is seeking to fill positions for Police Officer.
Cushing Police and Fire recently moved into a state of the art public safety center. Cushing is a diverse community of approximately 7,853 ideally situated less than 1 hour from Oklahoma City and Tulsa. We are also within 30 minutes of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater.
Non-certified salary starts at 41,437.77. Salaries are negotiable for CLEET certified candidates, up to $48,969.00 based on training and experience. Both certified and non-certified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Cushing Officers are now allowed to reside within 35 minutes of city limits. Officers who successfully complete the FTO Program and reside within 15 minutes of city limits are eligible to participate in the take home vehicle program.
What we offer:
- Oklahoma Police Pension System Retirement plan
- Paid employee medical insurance
- Low-cost for family medical coverage
- $70.00 monthly uniform cleaning allowance
- All equipment: shotgun, pistol, duty rig, body armor, uniforms, hat, handcuffs, baton, Taser, and radio
- Take Home Vehicle Program – must live within 15 minutes of city limits.
- College incentive compensation per month:
- $75.00 - Associate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- $125.00 - Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university.
- $150.00 - Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- $175.00 - Doctorate Degree from an accredited college or university.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. An application may be obtained at the Cushing Public Safety Center, 211 W. Main Street, Cushing 74023 or downloaded on the Police Department page. Any additional inquires or questions may be directed to the Police Department via email. The City of Cushing is an equal opportunity employer committed to multicultural diversity.
The City of Cushing offers competitive salaries, great working environment and one of the best benefit packages in the region. If you are qualified and interested in applying please stop by complete an application at City Hall or at cityofcushing.com to complete and application as soon as possible. We plan to fill these positions as soon as possible so don’t delay.
The city offers an excellent benefit package for full time employees including a retirement plan, health, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance plus a 457 deferred compensation program and flexible spending account program.
Applications and a complete job description may be obtained from the Utility Office located in the City Hall, 100 Judy Adams Blvd., Cushing, Oklahoma and will be accepted until the positions are filled. The City of Cushing is an equal opportunity employer committed to multi-cultural diversity.
Applications are also available here:
The City of Cushing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disability.